Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some great reading

If you haven't been reading austrodavicus's phenomenal Old School Renaissance is Dead posts, check them out post-haste. I'd like to thank Tim Shorts of Gothridge Manor for bringing them to my attention with his Newbie Blogger Award, as they are probably the best codification of why I'm involved in the whole old school blogging community. The idea that a group of people can be united by a common interest rather than a common distaste, enthusiasm rather than nostalgia. After all, I wasn't even BORN when all of these games were in their prime and I'm still writing about all of this stuff, right? So thank you, austrodavicus, for putting a lot of thought and effort into pinpointing what keeps a lot of us going.

In more clerical news, Fistful of Coppers is going to be a little more sporadically updated in the next few weeks. I've got about a half dozen big projects due at graduate school and as much as I enjoy writing stuff up for this blog, time is unfortunately not a luxury that I have at the moment. Hopefully I can start putting some of these ideas that I've had bouncing around in my head onto paper in the future, but right now I need to focus on putting poster projects and book talks onto paper. I love writing this thing, but unfortunately I'm not getting graded on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment